Podcasts- ever heard of it? We kid. Of course you have! Podcasts are more popular than ever after lockdowns forced many of us at home a lot more the last year and a half with no one to talk to except maybe our family or our pets...is it just me or is anyone else craving more external simulation?
If you've been looking for more ways to get more knowledgeable when it comes to environmentalism & sustainability, check out our top 10 green podcast recommendations to add to your rotation.
1. Jane Goodall's the Hopecast Jane Goodall blazed the trail and changed the world when it comes to environmentalism. Now, she’s studying new subjects – humans! This brand-new podcast will take listeners on a one-of-a-kind journey as they learn from Dr. Goodall’s extraordinary life hear from changemaking guests from every arena and become awed by a growing movement sparked by Jane and fueled by hope. Apple | Spotify
2. The Sustainability Agenda: The Sustainability Agenda podcast has Fergal Byrne hosting a killer lineup of sustainability experts and thought leaders to take on some of the biggest questions in the industry today. Discussions are piercing and tactical, yet manage to retain an accessible, down-to-earth quality that makes for great listening. Learn how some of the top sustainability professionals are devising innovative solutions to long-standing challenges. Apple | Spotify
3. For What it’s Earth: Hosted by Emma Brisdion and Lloyd Hopkins, this environment, science and sustainability podcast aims to make big issues bite sized and empower individuals to make a difference in their own lives. Learn how to grow your own food, the environmental pawprint of pets, and how you can get sloshed, sustainably. Apple | Spotify
4. Sustainability Defined: Sustainability is a relatively broad concept. Over at the Sustainability Defined podcast, they know this well. Hosts Jay Seigel and Scott Breen have a lofty goal: to push ambiguity out of the conversation.
Each episode, they break down an aspect of sustainability in clear, measured terms with the help of a guest expert. Whether you are a sustainability pro or are new to the topic, this podcast will help you learn something new!
5. Sustainababble: Made for the confused, by the confused – Sustainababble is a weekly comedy podcast about the environment. You’ll be laughing along with hosts Olly and Dave, while also learning about subjects as varied as Easter eggs, hydrogen and eating insects. There’s also an episode featuring Good Energy’s own Juliet Davenport in there. Apple | Spotify
6. Yikes: Hosted by sustainability influencer and antiracism activist Mikaela Loach, and climate activist and self-proclaimed ‘sh*t stirrer’ Josephine Becker, Yikes is a podcast about all of the things that make us feel a bit squirmy. From white feminism and consumer activism, to the link between climate change and health. Prepare to broaden your horizons and learn a lot! Apple | Spotify
7. Who Cares Wins: Hosted by model and green queen, Lily Cole – and joined by an all-star line up that’s included David Attenborough, Paul McCartney and Patti Smith – this podcast covers some of today’s most topical and polarising issues. Is global economic development contributing to the climate crisis or is it helping to solve it? How is our public awareness of the climate crisis shaped by the media we consume? And is meat the problem? Apple | Spotify
8. Forest 404: A futuristic thriller from BBC Radio 4, this fictional podcast leads us into the 24th century, where forests have been erased from history. It’s an interactive feast for the senses, with original music by Bonobo. Apple | Spotify
9. Future Perfect: This podcast tackles some big topics about the best ways to save lives, fight climate breakdown and end world poverty. The latest two seasons have focused more wholly on environmental concerns – while scrolling back will see wider debates on subjects including religion and organ donation. Apple | Spotify
10. Hey Change Podcast: Hey Change Podcast flips the narrative on climate change from fear to climate optimism. Co-hosts Anne Therese Gennari and Robin Shaw speak with scientists, experts, and activists about the challenges we face with climate change and what we can do about it. With topics ranging from intersectional environmentalism, climate justice, neuroscience, and more, the Hey Change Podcast educates listeners about climate change while inspiring courage, inclusivity, and optimism! Apple | Spotify