Updated: Aug 8, 2020
We all want to live more sustainably, but we are also all very busy in our daily lives. Demanding jobs, meal prepping, workouts, cleaning, laundry, caring for families, and squeezing in a meditation every day?? We barely have time for anything extra these days and sometimes those sustainable living hacks can seem strenuous and time consuming.
I'm here to tell you that it doesn't have to be that way! This is 2020 folks, anything is possible and so is sustainable living within our busy modern lives. Don't believe me? Let me prove it to you with ten easy tips that anyone can squeeze into their tight schedules.
1. Switch your plastic toothbrush for bamboo or refillable head brush.
2. Stash a cute reusable tote that folds up really small into every one of your bags so you're never without: gym bag, purse, work satchel, backpack, etc.
3. Eat meatless 2x week. You don't have to go full vegan to make a difference.
4. Work from home a couple of times a month to cut down on commuting.
5. Turn off the lights and have a sexy candlelit evening at home to reduce energy consumption.
6. Use cold water when washing your clothes. Saving energy + protecting your clothes is a win win in my book!
7. Always choose to offset your carbon emissions when flying (most airlines offer this now)
8. Shop second hand for clothing before buying new, you can even find great deals on designer clothes on sites like therealreal, tradesy, and thredup.
9. Choose public transport, carpooling, or even biking to work when possible.
10. Invest in refillable snack pouches & stop consuming packaged snacks.